Citas de Popper (era: creacion/evolucion)

Primera opinion de Popper:

>   "I have come to the conclusion that Darwinism is not a testable
> scientific theory, but a metaphysical research programme - a
> possible framework for testable theories. It suggests the existence
> of a mechanism of adaptation and it allows us to even study in
> detail the mechanism at work. And it is the only theory so far which
> does that."  (UNENDED QUEST (1976)

De todas maneras, Popper se referia al Darwinismo (seleccion natural) y no
a la evolucion en general. Segun parece, Popper creia que la seleccion
natural era tautologica. De todas maneras, esto es lo que dijo Popper
posteriormente:

       The fact that the theory of natural selection is difficult
       to test has led some people, anti-Darwinists and even some
       great Darwinists, to claim that it is a tautology. ... I
       mention this because I too belong among the culprits.  Influenced
       by what these authorities say, I have in the past described
       the theory as "almost tautological," and I have tried to
       explain how the theory of natural selection could be
       untestable (as is a tautology) and yet of great scientific
       interest.  My solution was that the doctrine of natural
       selection is a most successful metaphysical research
       programme. ...
          I have changed my mind about the testability and logical
       status of the theory of natural selection; and I am glad to
       have an opportunity to make a recantation. ...
          The theory of natural selection may be so formulated that
       it is far from tautological.  In this case it is not only
       testable, but it turns out to be not strictly universally
       true.  There seem to be exceptions, as with so many biological
       theories; and considering the random character of the variations
       on which natural selection operates, the occurrence of
       exceptions is not surprising. (Popper, "Natural Selection and
       the Emergence of Mind," _Dialectica_ 32(1978):339-355; quotations
       are from pp. 344-346)

Y tambien:

       It does appear that some people think that I denied scientific
       character to the historical sciences, such as paleontology, or
       the history of the evolution of life on Earth.  This is a mistake,
       and I here wish to affirm that these and other historical sciences
       have in my opinion scientific character; their hypotheses can in
       many cases be tested.  (Popper, Letter to _New Scientist_,
       87(1981):611)