[escepticos] posibilidades para un viaje en agosto...

AUGUST IS HOT!
What do SKEPTIC publisher Dr. Michael Shermer, science fiction
writers Ben Bova and Frederik Pohl, stargazer Jack Horkheimer,
futurist Marvin Minsky, and James Randi all have in common?
They're going to be speakers at the upcoming  James Randi
Educational Foundation's August conference on MEDIA, MYTH, AND
MAGIC.

Join us for an exciting discussion of how the media handle
both scientific and pseudoscientific claims.  In Part I,
Michael Shermer, Jack Horkheimer, and James Randi, will deal
with myths that have already been dispelled yet continue to be
promoted in various forms of media.  In Part II, with former
OMNI magazine editor Ben Bova and Nebula and Hugo
award-winning author Fred Pohl, we'll cover cutting-edge
technologies that appear to be paranormal on the surface, yet
can be sounder than they seem.  Such ideas as nanotechnology
and artificial intelligence are actually within our grasp, and
we can examine their potential.

More guests to be announced . . .

This promises to be an exciting, thought-provoking discussion
that will demonstrate the need for critical thinking and how
it can be used to encourage progress.  And, you'll personally
meet and chat with these stimulating personalities.

When: August 6-9, 1998

What: Thursday night reception: James Randi welcomes you
      Friday discussion: The Media and the Paranormal
      Saturday discussion: Defining the Cutting Edge
      Saturday night: Banquet
      Sunday morning: James Randi putS it all in perspective

Also, surprise guests, panel discussions, and assorted special
events...  Martin Gardner, who is one of our heroes, has
announced that he'll make every effort to attend.

Where: Embassy Suites Hotel, Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Conference registration is $199 per person
Call 1-888-USA-JREF (toll-free) to register

Hotel rooms are $89 per night (plus taxes) and include:
   Spacious two-room suites with coffee-maker, microwave,
refrigerator, and queen-size sofa sleeper.
     Complimentary full cooked-to-order American breakfast
     Complimentary cocktail reception every evening
     Complimentary 24-hour airport transportation
     Outdoor swimming pool, tropical waterfall, steam room,
sauna, and Jacuzzi
     Located within walking distance of several restaurants:
Outback Steakhouse, Wendy's, Bobby Rubino's,  Papa John's
Pizza, Sagami (Japanese), etc., as well as the Embassy Suites
excellent in-house facilities.

For room reservations call 1-800-EMBASSY (toll-free) and ask
for The James Randi conference rate.
                              We hope to see you there!
                                James Randi

planetario de pamplona