Re: [escepticos] Lo que dice Popper (Era: Cuando una hipotesis...)

Hola :-)
Para acabar ya con este tema. Disculpad todos la insistencia; este va a ser
el ultimo.

Eloy dijo:
>Quemar: acción
>Quemabilidad: susceptibilidad de ser quemado.
>Quemacion: proceso de quemar.
>Quemado: cuando se ha llevado a cabo la acción quemar.
>Falsar: acción
>Falsabilidad: susceptibilidad de ser quemado
>Falsación: proceso de falsar.
>Falsado: cuando se ha llevado a cabo la acción de falsar.
>¿Cual es la acción "falsar"? ¿refutar?, para eso no necesitamos una
>palabra nueva.
>(...)
>Las ecuaciones de la lógica no mienten. El concepto de falsación no es
>ni más ni menos que ese proceso y cuando se lleva a cabo el proceso,
>independientemente del resultado, la acción ha sido hecha.

pero Popper dijo:
"IV Falsifiability and Falsification
We must clearly distinguish between falsifiability and falsification. We
have introduced faisifiability solely as a criterion for the empirical
character of a system of statements. As to falsification, special rules must
be introduced which will determine under what conditions a system is to be
regarded as falsified.
We say that a theory is falsified only if we have accepted basic statements
which contradict it. [See selection 9, section v.] This condition is
necessary, but not sufficient; for non-reproducible single occurrences are
of no significance to science. Thus a few stray basic statements
contradicting a theory will hardly induce us to reject it as falsified. We
shall take it as falsified only if we discover a reproducible effect which
refutes the theory. In other words, we only accept the falsification if a
low-level empirical hypothesis which describes such an effect is proposed
and corroborated. This kind of hypothesis may be called a falsifying
hypothesis. The requirement that the falsifying hypothesis must be
empirical, and so falsifiable, only means that it must stand in a certain
logical relationship to possible basic statements; thus this requirement
only concerns the logical form of the hypothesis. The rider that the
hypothesis should be corroborated refers to tests which it ought to have
passed-tests which confront it with accepted basic statements."

Saludos
Carlos