Re: Internet Virus Alert!

Juan Antonio Rubio Amo wrote:

> Hola:
>
> Leer esto con cuidado.

> > you
> > the

> > if you
> > and

> Un saludo                       Juan

NO NO NO, NOT AGAIN!!!
Empiezan a abundar los psico-virus...
Echad un vistazo a este nuevo fraude pseudovirico en:

http://www.kumite.com/myths/myth027.htm

De aquí, extraigo un poco de informacion:
HOAX: "the Deeyenda virus"

A new hoax apparently surfaced in November 1996, warning users not to
read email if it contains the word "Deeyenda" in the subject line. This
new hoax uses many
tactics found in other hoaxes, myths, and urban lengends. For example:

     like the Good Times urban legend, the Deeyenda hoax warns you to
delete messages if they contain a key phrase in the subject line;
     similar to the Java virus myth, the Deeyenda hoax claims
Java-enabled web browsers stand at great risk of getting infected;
     like the MSN/Prodigy urban legends, the Deeyenda hoax claims it
will scan your hard disk for personal information;
     like the Good Times urban legend, the Deeyenda hoax claims the FCC
issued an alert to watch out for it;
     like the Mutation Engine myth, the Deeyenda hoax claims it is
"virtually undetectable."

Why call it a hoax? Why not "urban legend"?

Deeyenda warnings quote a message from a Steven K. Johnson at Carnegie
Mellon University, complete with his phone number & email address.

The phone number doesn't exist; the email address doesn't exist. And
Steven K. Johnson probably doesn't exist either. Providing a
[ficticious] name, phone number,
and email address at the bottom of the hoax merely gives it a feeling of
legitimacy.

Two known versions of the hoax already

At least two versions of the Deeyenda hoax already exist. One version
(possibly the original) includes a "forwarding header" similar to the
Good Times urban legend,
warning users not to read email if the word "Deeyenda" appears in the
subject line. A second version (possibly the variant) makes no mention
of the Good
Times-like warning.

O en la siguiente página dedicada a los virus mitologicos:

http://www.kumite.com/myths/

En esta página se propone:
Cast your ballot for the "1996 Computer Virus Hysteria Awards". Vote for
your favorite people, companies, events and quotatios which contributed
the most to confusion and misinformation about computer viruses. Lots of
Chicken Little nominees to chose from. The vooting booth remains open
throughout November,so tell your friends to drop by! We'll announce the
Winners in December. Cast you Ballot NOW!!

http://www.kumite.com/myths/mcafee96.htm

Y, como decia el afisionao... que estos mensajes le lleguen al
Mayordomo, no a todos los sufridos listeros.
Un abrazo,
		javier armentia

PLANETARIO DE PAMPLONA; C/ Sancho Ramirez, s/n; E-31008 Pamplona (Spain)
Tel: +34-48-260004   Fax: +34-48-261919
E-mail: planetario en cin.es  <---- NOTE *THIS* HAS CHANGED!