[escepticos] Sobre la seriedad de algunas universidades americanas

	Increible... no, no se si es cierto...

	Santi

Excerpted from the book _Dumb, Dumber, Dumbest,_ (c) 1996 by John J Kohut
and Roland Sweet

Missouri Assistant Attorney General Erich Vieth got a court order to bar
the International Commission for Schools from issuing any future college
accreditations in the state after it granted one to a fictitious school
created by the Attorney General's office.  Vieth's office had asked the
commission to accredit Eastern Missouri Business College, a college they
described as granting doctorates through the mail in fields such as marine
biology, genetic engineering, and aerospace science.  College faculty
included "Arnold Ziffel," the name of the pig on the old _Green Acres_;
"Edward J. Haskell" from _Leave it to Beaver_; and M. Howard, Jerome Howard
and Lawrence Fine -- the Three Stooges.  The college seal in Latin read
"Solum Pro Avibus Est Educatio" and "Latrocinia Et Raptus," loosely
translated as "Education is for the birds" and "Everything from petty theft
to highway robbery."
   Commission president George Reuter Jr. responded by pointing out, "The
attorney general made a big deal out of the fact I didn't know who the Tree
Stooges were.  Well, we've been to about two movies in the last five years,
and we don't know Latin."