[escepticos] Complejidad irreductible o simpleza insoportable

Supongo que muchos recibiréis el "What's New" de Robert Park, pero para los
que no tengan el placer:

1. CREATIONISM: THIS ROSE, BY ANY OTHER NAME, STILL SMELLS.
Having made Kansas an object of ridicule, this sad little comedy,
now playing under the title "Intelligent Design," promises to do
the same for Ohio and perhaps Washington state.  They've dropped
the "new Earth" stuff, but insist the "irreducible complexity" of
nature must result from an intelligent designer (WN 27 Dec 96); a
little slow maybe, but very intelligent.  Tracing the roots of
the ID movement took WN all the way back to 17th Century England.
WN: "I understand you've had a nasty encounter with an apple."
Isaac: "True, but it led me to an important discovery, apples are
pulled toward the ground by gravity."  WN: "Remarkable.  What's
your next project?"  Isaac: "I'm looking into falling oranges."
WN: "But wouldn't oranges follow the same law as apples?"  Isaac:
"Reductionist nonsense.  You're mixing apples and oranges.  We'll
have to find the law for each fruit.  This is the irreducible
complexity that proves nature has an intelligent designer."