[escepticos] Hablando de modelos sociales...

   Appearances Can Be Deceiving: Lessons Learned Re-Implementing Axelrod's
'Evolutionary Approach to Norms'
   En http://jasss.soc.surrey.ac.uk/8/3/2.html

   Es largo, pero tiene dibujitos :-).

   In this paper we try to replicate the simulation results reported by
Axelrod (1986) in an influential paper on the evolution of social norms. Our
study shows that Axelrod's results are not as reliable as one would desire.
We can obtain the opposite results by running the model for longer, by
slightly modifying some of the parameters, or by changing some arbitrary
assumptions in the model. This re-implementation exercise illustrates the
importance of running stochastic simulations several times for many periods,
exploring the parameter space adequately, complementing simulation with
analytical work, and being aware of the scope of our simulation models.
   Claudio Andrés Uribe
   Galería de fotos Deep Impact - Tempel 1
   En http://infociencia.blogspot.com
   Buenos Aires, Argentina