[escepticos] Sobre la FAQ de sci.skeptic

Quisiera haceros notar (probablemente ya lo sabeis) que el grupo de
news sci.skeptic tiene una FAQ. Seguro que se puede aprovechar mucho
de ella, cuando menos su estructura que me parece muy coherente.

Lógicamente habría que enriquecerla con cosas más localistas, y
eliminar otras que para el lector no estadounidense no tengan mucho
sentido. Os copio las preguntas, por si alguno no sabía de esta FAQ:

Background
----------
0.1: What is sci.skeptic for?
0.2: What is sci.skeptic not for?
0.3: What is CSICOP?  What's their address?
0.4: What is "Prometheus"?
0.5: Who are some prominent skeptics?
0.6: Aren't all skeptics just closed-minded bigots?
0.6.1: Why are skeptics so keen to rubbish fringe ideas?
0.6.2: How do we know Randi is honest?
0.6.3: Why don't skeptics challenge religions?
0.6.4: How can I persuade the other side?
0.7: Is there any scientific psi research?
0.8: What is a "conspiracy theory"?
0.9: What is "cold reading?"
0.10: Is there a list of logical fallacies?
0.11: What national and local skeptics organisations are there?
0.12: Where can I get books on paranormal phenomena?
0.13: Where can I find skeptical information on-line?
0.14: Where can I find paranormal information on-line?

The Scientific Method
---------------------

1.1: What is the scientific method?
1.2: What is the difference between a fact, a theory and a hypothesis?
1.3: Can science ever really prove anything?
1.4: If scientific theories keep changing, where is the Truth?
1.5: "Extraordinary evidence is needed for an extraordinary claim."
1.6: What is Occam's Razor?
1.7: Galileo was persecuted, just like researchers into <X> today.
1.8: What is the "Experimenter effect".
1.9: How much fraud is there in science?
1.9.1: Did Mendel fudge his results?
1.10: Are scientists wearing blinkers?

Psychic Powers
--------------

2.1: Is Uri Geller for real? +
2.2: I have had a psychic experience.
2.3: What is "sensory leakage"?
2.4: Who are the main psi researchers?
2.5: Does dowsing work?
2.6: Could psi be inhibited by the presence of skeptics?
2.7: Why don't the skeptics test the *real* psychics?
2.8: What is the ganzfeld?

UFOs/Flying Saucers
-------------------
3.1  What are UFOs?
3.1.1: Are UFOs alien spacecraft?
3.1.2: Are UFOs natural phenomena?
3.1.3: But isn't it possible that aliens are visiting Earth?
3.2: Is it true that the US government has a crashed flying saucer?
     (MJ-12)?
3.3: What is "channeling"?
3.4: How can we test a channeller? +
3.5: I am in telepathic contact with the aliens.
3.6: Some bozo has just posted a load of "teachings" from a UFO.  What
     should I do?
3.7: Are crop circles made by flying saucers?
3.7.1: Are crop circles made by "vortices"?
3.7.2: Are crop circles made by hoaxers?
3.7.3: Are crop circles radioactive?
3.7.4: What about cellular changes in plants within crop circles?
3.8: Have people been abducted by UFOs?
3.9: What is causing the strange cattle deaths?
3.10: What is the face on Mars?
3.11: Did Ezekiel See a Flying Saucer?
3.12: What happened at Tunguska?
3.13: How did the Dogon know about Sirius?

Faith Healing and Alternative Therapies
---------------------------------------

4.1: Isn't western medicine reductionistic and alternatives holistic?
4.2: What is a double-blind trial?  What is a placebo?
4.3: Why should scientific criteria apply to alternative therapies?
4.4: What is homeopathy?
4.5: What is aromatherapy?
4.6: What is reflexology?
4.7: Does acupuncture work?
4.8: What about psychic surgery?
4.9: What is Crystal Healing?
4.10: Does religious healing work?
4.11: What harm does it do anyway?

Creation versus Evolution
-------------------------

5.1: Is the Bible evidence of anything?
5.2: Could the Universe have been created old?
5.3: What about Carbon-14 dating?
5.4: What is "dendrochronology"?
5.5: What is evolution?  Where do I find out more?
5.6: "The second law of thermodynamics says...."
5.7: How could living organisms arise "by chance"?
5.8: But doesn't the human body seem to be well designed?
5.9: What about the thousands of scientists who have become Creationists?
5.10: Is the speed of light decreasing?
5.11: What about Velikovsky?
5.12: Are there human footprints from 250 million years ago?

Fire-walking
-----------

6.1: Is fire-walking possible?
6.2: Can science explain fire-walking?

New Age
-------

7.1: What do New Agers believe?
7.2: What is the Gaia hypothesis?
7.3: Was Nostradamus a prophet?
7.4: Does astrology work?
7.4.1: Could astrology work by gravity?
7.4.2: What is the `Mars Effect'?
7.4.3: But couldn't there be some undiscovered connection between
       people and planets?
7.5: What is Kirlian photography?

Strange Machines: Free Energy and Anti-Gravity

8.1: Why don't electrical perpetul motion machines work?
8.2: Why don't magnetic perpetual motion machines work?
8.3: Why don't mechanical perpetual motion machines work?
8.4: Magnets can levitate.  Where is the energy from?
8.5: But its been patented!
8.6: The oil companies are conspiring to suppress my invention!
8.7: My machine gets its free energy from <X>
8.8: Can gyroscopes neutralise gravity?
8.9: My prototype gets lighter when I turn it on.
8.10: Can magnets improve fuel efficiency or descale pipes?

AIDS
----

9.1: What about these theories on AIDS?
9.1.1: The Mainstream Theory
9.1.2: Strecker's CIA Theory
9.1.3: Duesberg's Risk-Group Theory
9.2: What About the Sailor with AIDS in 1959?

You Must Remember This

10.1: What is "False Memory Syndrome"?
10.2: How Can I Contact the False Memory Syndrome Foundation?

Un saludo

\|ose |_uis Diaz de Arriba             e-mail: jdiaz en etsiig.uniovi.es