[escepticos] ADN de homínido de 1'8 m.a?

Hola, chicos.
Afirman haber encontrado ADN homínido de 1'8 millones de años:
http://allafrica.com/stories/200107260275.html

"Two researchers claim that they have extracted the DNA of a
1,8-million-year-old hominid from microscopic traces of blood found on stone
tools excavated at the Sterkfontein Caves.

"The DNA we have found is something between a chimpanzee and a human, which
suggests a hominid," explains Wits University micro archaeologist Bonnie
Williamson.

Williamson and Professor Tom Loy of the University of Queensland believe
that this DNA sequence is that of either our direct ancestor Homo habilis or
Paranthropus robustus. If their findings are verified it would be the oldest
DNA yet extracted.

"We strongly suspect that the DNA that we have is that of a hominid, but we
still want to conduct more research to verify our claim," says Loy, who
plans to publish the findings in a leading scientific journal soon.

Cibernesto

Homo webensis, la web para homínidos con sentido crítico y del humor
http://come.to/webensis