ecuaciones...

Ahora que andaba echando unos vistazos a las ecuaciones de probabilidad
y todo eso que se ha despertado sobre el asunto de las predicciones, me
ha llegado esta cosa tan tonta y tan mona que no me puedo resistir a
haceros llegar.
Lo siento, pero esta en ingles y paso de traducirlo...
Saludos,
	javier a.

secret to wealth?
     After applying some simple algebra to some trite phrases and
     cliches, a new understanding can be reached of the secret to
     wealth and success.

     Here it goes.

     Knowledge is Power
     Time is Money and as everyone knows, Power is Work divided by
     Time.

     So, substituting algebraic equations for these time worn bits of
     wisdom, we get:
     K = P    (1)
     T = M    (2)
     P = W/T  (3)

     Now, do a few simple substitutions:

     Put W/T in for P in equation (1), which yields:

     K = W/T  (4)

     Put M in for T into equation (4), which yields:

     K = W/M  (5).

     Now we've got something.  Expanding back into English, we get:

     Knowledge equals Work divided by Money.

     What this MEANS is that:

     1. The More You Know, the More Work You Do,

     and

     2. The More You Know, the Less Money You Make.

     Solving for Money, we get:

     M = W/K  (6)

     Money equals Work divided by Knowledge.

     From equation (6) we see that Money approaches infinity as
     Knowledge approaches 0, regardless of the Work done.

     What THIS MEANS is:

     The More you Make, the Less you Know.

     Solving for Work, we get

     W = M x K  (7)

     Work equals Money times Knowledge

     From equation (7) we see that Work approaches 0 as Knowledge
     approaches 0.

     What THIS MEANS is:

     The stupid rich do little or no work.

     Working out the socioeconomic implications of this breakthrough
     is left as an exercise for the reader.

Rob Landis
--
PLANETARIO DE PAMPLONA; C/ Sancho Ramirez, s/n; E-31008 Pamplona (Spain)