RE: [escepticos] Re: Cromagnon mula?

-----Original Message-----
De: Ernesto <u199873203 en abonados.cplus.es>
Para: escepticos en CCDIS.dis.ulpgc.es <escepticos en CCDIS.dis.ulpgc.es>
Fecha: martes 14 de abril de 1998 14:43
Asunto: [escepticos] Re: Cromagnon mula?

>[Ernesto] Bueno, desde la publicación de ese artículo las cosas han
>cambiado y yo diría que la mayoría de los paleoantrópólogos no son
>multirregionalistas ni partidarios de la hibridación con el
neandertal
>(puedo equivocarme, claro).

Demasiado deprisa cambian las cosas, al menos para mí :-( Más abajo
tienes un ejemplo.

>[M.A.]¿Tienes alguna referencia? Porque no me lo creo. No me acabo de
creer
>que podamos determinar si un cerdo es o no doméstico mirando sus
>molares y no podamos distinguir una vaca de un búfalo. Pero es una
opinión
>meramente intuitiva, claro, y estoy dispuesto a cambiarla si hay
alguna
>referencia que me ayude a hacerlo.
>
>[E] El miércoles iré a la facultad y lo miraré. Estaba en un libro
reciente
>y bastante bueno sobre evolución humana. Y lo del búfalo... en
realidad era
>un bisonte y lo dijo un ponente en unas conferencias.

A mí también me interesa. Es muy sorprendente, al menos desde el punto
de vista médico. Como Manolo quizás pueda confirmar, es relativamente
fácil para un forense distinguir entre un hombre y una mujer, sólo por
su osamente. No logro comprender como puede ser difícil distinguir
entre un lobo y un zorro, por ejemplo.

>[M.A.] Me interesa mucho. ¿De dónde hemos sacado ADN de neandertal?
¿Puedes
>enviarme una referencia?
>
>[E] Era en Science o en Nature

Pues me temo que no. Ambas están en el medline y no he encontrado la
referencia. Aunque me ha servido para localizar otras tres que me
parecen interesantes, sobre todo la de Cavalli-Sforza. Me he quedado
sorprendido por su <'Out of Africa' origin of modern humans> Si se
trata de nuevo la hipótesis multirregional, es por lo menos
sorprendente en alguien que ha sostenido un origen único para el
lenguaje ¿Alguien ha leído el artículo completo?

Os paso las referencias.

Saludos.

Daneel.

Trends Genet 1998 Feb;14(2):60-65

The DNA revolution in population genetics.
cavalli en volterra.stanford.edu.
Cavalli-Sforza LL

Department of Genetics, Stanford School of Medicine, CA 94305-94293,
USA.

Unprecedental clarity has come to our understanding of genetic
variation by the analysis of DNA sequences. It is not surprising that
the new DNA technologies are leading to a resurgence of interest in
population genetics. In this review, I discuss recent progress and
future directions towards reconstructing the history of human
populations. There is increasing consensus on a recent 'Out of Africa'
origin of modern humans, which explains why the greatest fraction of
genetic diversity is found within populations, rather than between
them. The comparison of Y chromosome and mitochondrial DNA data shows
remarkable sex differences in georaphic variation. The analysis of
Neanderthal DNA has been a major breakthrough in the study of fossil
DNA. Among major hopes for the future are application to polygenic
diseases.
--------------------------------------

Am J Hum Genet 1996 Jul;59(1):185-203

Paleolithic and neolithic lineages in the European mitochondrial gene
pool.

Richards M, Corte-Real H, Forster P, Macaulay V, Wilkinson-Herbots H,
Demaine A, Papiha S, Hedges R, Bandelt HJ, Sykes B
Department of Cellular Science, Institute of Molecular Medicine,
University of Oxford, Oxford, UK.

Phylogenetic and diversity analysis of the mtDNA control region
sequence variation of 821 individuals from Europe and the Middle East
distinguishes five major lineage groups with different internal
diversities and divergence times. Consideration of the diversities and
geographic distribution of these groups within Europe and the Middle
East leads to the conclusion that ancestors of the great majority of
modern, extant lineages entered Europe during the Upper Paleolithic. A
further set of lineages arrived from the Middle East much later, and
their age and geographic distribution within Europe correlates well
with archaeological evidence for two culturally and geographically
distinct Neolithic colonization events that are associated with the
spread of agriculture. It follows from this interpretation that the
major extant lineages throughout Europe predate the Neolithic
expansion and that the spread of agriculture was a substantially
indigenous development accompanied by only a relatively minor
component of contemporary Middle Eastern agriculturalists. There is no
evidence of any surviving Neanderthal lineages among modern Europeans.

Am J Hum Genet 1994 Oct;55(4):760-776

mtDNA and the origin of Caucasians: identification of ancient
Caucasian-specific haplogroups, one of which is prone to a recurrent
somatic duplication in the D-loop region.

Torroni A, Lott MT, Cabell MF, Chen YS, Lavergne L, Wallace DC
Department of Genetics and Molecular Medicine, Emory University School
of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322.

mtDNA sequence variation was examined in 175 Caucasians from the
United States and Canada by PCR amplification and high-resolution
restriction-endonuclease analysis. The majority of the Caucasian
mtDNAs were subsumed within four mtDNA lineages (haplogroups) defined
by mutations that are rarely seen in Africans and Mongoloids. The
sequence divergence of these haplogroups indicates that they arose
early in Caucasian radiation and gave raise to modern European mtDNAs.
Although ancient, none of these haplogroups is old enough to be
compatible with a Neanderthal origin, suggesting that Homo sapiens
sapiens displaced H. s. neanderthaliensis, rather than mixed with it.
The mtDNAs of one of these haplogroups have a unique homoplasmic
insertion between nucleotide pair (np) 573 and np 574, within the
D-loop control region. This insertion makes these mtDNAs prone to a
somatic mutation that duplicates a 270-bp portion of the D-loop region
between np 309 and np 572. This finding suggests that certain
nonpathogenic mtDNA mutations could predispose individuals to mtDNA
rearrangements.