Re: [escepticos] Hasta las narices de los usuarios de Outlook

Hola, hola.

Dice Miquel:
> 	"El uso de 'hacker' para referirse al 'quebrantador de la seguridad'
> 	es una confusión proveniente de los medios de comunicación. Nosotros
> 	los hackers nos negamos a reconocer dicho significado, y continuamos
> 	utilizando la palabra para indicar a "alguien apasionado por la
> 	programación y que disfruta al ser hábil e ingenioso". (R. Stallman)

Palabra de RMS.

Claro que tambien los "quebrantadores de la seguridad" se llaman a si
mismos hackers (v.g. http://www.2600.org/hacked_pages/).

Y hay muchos mas usos de la palabra:

(http://hacks.mit.edu/Gallery.html)
The word hack at MIT usually refers to a clever, benign, and "ethical"
prank or practical joke, which is both challenging for the
perpetrators and amusing to the MIT community (and sometimes even the
rest of the world!).

(http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~bh/hacker.html)
In 1986, the word ``hacker'' is generally used among MIT students to
refer not to computer hackers but to building hackers, people who
explore roofs and tunnels where they're not supposed to be.

Saludos polisemicos,

Carlitos

--

`When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone,
`it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less.'