RE: [escepticos] Re: Gordos Vs. Delgados (Antes Re: [escepticos] =?ISO-8859-1?B?UmU6IFtlc2NlcHRpY29zXSBSZT...... etc)

Gould on memes:
(cito un ejemplo)

¶20 Natural selection does not enjoy this necessary substrate
neutrality. As the great evolutionist R.A. Fisher showed many years ago
in the founding document of modern Darwinism (The Genetical Theory of
Natural Selection, l930), natural selection requires Mendelian
inheritance to be effective. Genetic evolution works upon such a
substrate and can therefore be Darwinian. Cultural (or memetic) change
manifestly operates on the radically different substrate of Lamarckian
inheritance, or the passage of acquired characters to subsequent
generations. Whatever we invent in our lifetimes, we can pass on to our
children by our writing and teaching. Evolutionists have long understood
that Darwinism cannot operate effectively in systems of Lamarckian
inheritance--for Lamarckian change has such a clear direction, and
permits evolution to proceed so rapidly, that the much slower process of
natural selection shrinks to insignificance before the Lamarckian
juggernaut.

¶21 This crucial difference between biological and cultural evolution
also undermines the self-proclaimed revolutionary pretensions of a
much-publicized doctrine--"evolutionary psychology"--that could be quite
useful if proponents would trade their propensity for cultism and
ultra-Darwinian fealty for a healthy dose of modesty.3

esto de( http://cogweb.ucla.edu/Debate/Gould.html )Evolution: The
Pleasures of Pluralism, STEPHEN JAY GOULD, New York Review of Books,
June 26, 1997

Hay una serie de enlaces, en los G-Files, en los que recoge información
sobre los debates entre Gould y "otros". Mira en
http://www.world-of-dawkins.com/Catalano/the_g_files.htm

Saludos

javier armentia
http://javarm.blogalia.com