[escepticos] RE Libros (Remo)

Buenos días:

El problema con los libros en español que me comentas es que tengo que pedirlos a alguna
librería de aquí y los gastos de envío no compensan la pequeña diferencia con respecto al
precio de EEUU, además están prácticamente descatalogados.

Respecto al libro de Bryson, fue uno de los que me estuve pensando, pero el comentario de
un lector me hizo decidir no comprarlo:

"I read an interview with Bryson in New Scientist not long ago in which he admitted that
he really didn't understand a lot of what all these scientists were telling him, and
unfortunately that's all too clear in reading this book. As a consequence Bryson gives you
a good deal of infomation peppered with some really horrid misunderstandings and errors.
I'm reminded in reading "A Short History" of Bryson's book on language, in which he either
repeats or invents any number of terribly inaccurate folk etymologies. Also a very
readable but terribly inaccurate tome. He's great fun to read on personalities (although
the accuracy of some of his characterizations is suspect) and he does have an ear for
fascinating trivia, but science takes a back seat to all of this. All too often we get the
beginning of an explanation that trails off into a "and anyways it's all very complicated
but it's just fascinating" sort of gee-whiz summary. One suspect that we've just reached
the point where Bryson has either lost the thread of understanding or perhaps just decided
that he doesn't care to understand something any further.
As enjoyable as Bryson can be to read, I only wish he'd had his manuscript vetted by
editors with a solid science background, or better yet, collaboraated with a scientist on
the writing. As it is, I can't really recommend this book. The reader interested in how
science has shaped the world would do far better to read James Burke's justly
well-regarded "Connections"."

Conociéndome como me conozco, probablemente al terminar el libro yo piense lo mismo que
este lector. ¿Te ves capaz de defenderlo de tales acusaciones?

Gracias por los comentarios. Jose