Re: [escepticos] errores en las peliculas...

On Mon, 19 Oct 1998, Rafael Budría wrote:

  Hola:

> En la última estafa que fui a ver (Horizonte final, ¡no es de serie B!)
> se ponían en órbita ¡dentro de la atmósfera de Neptuno! entre las
> nubes...

  A eso se le llama aerofrenado. Por ahí tenía una recopilación de errores
de Apolo 13, pero no sé dónde la metí. Les pego lo que he encontrado en The
Internet Movie Database para Apolo 13, Contacto, Titanic, Armagedón e
Impacto Profundo.

Apollo 13 (1995)

* Factual errors: The fatal launch pad fire occurred on January 27, 1967,
  and the Apollo 11 moon landing on July 20, 1969. Both dates are displayed
  correctly onscreen, yet Walter Cronkite's opening narration says only 18
  months elapsed between them.
* Factual errors: After the party, Lovell holds his thumb in front the
  gibbous moon. Then, telling Marilyn where to find "her" mountain, he says
  the Sea of Tranquility is "where the shadow crosses the white part".  The
  terminator was in fact near the Sea of Tranquility on July 20, 1969, but
  the moon was less than half full; it's depicted in the scene as gibbous,
  with the terminator on the other side.
* Factual errors: The seas are the dark parts. Factual errors: In Houston
* the moon set that night at about
  midnight CDT, while the Apollo 11 astronauts were returning to their Lunar
  Module; hence it would not be visible after the party at the Lovells'.
* Factual errors: The moon is depicted as about 4 times its actual visual
  diameter, relative to a man's thumb at arm's length. It looks almost the
  same size relative to Lovell's thumb as the earth does in a later scene
  near the moon when he does the same thing in reverse.
* Factual errors: The fully illuminated side of the moon always points
  toward the sun and hence at night it must be closer to the horizon than
  the other side.
* Factual errors: It is impossible to see (or photograph) faint stars close
  to the moon because its light is bright enough to wash them out.
* Anachronisms: An early scene is identified onscreen as occurring at the
  "Vehicle Assembly Building, Cape Kennedy, Florida, October 30, 1969". Cape
  Canaveral was indeed called Cape Kennedy in 1969, but the VAB was known as
  the Vertical Assembly Building until the Space Shuttle era.
* Anachronisms: NASA's "worm" logo was not developed until 1976. Factual
* errors: Jim Lovell's license plate is wrong, and his car
  was blue, not red. Anachronisms: A technician is wearing a Rockwell
* International logo on his
  coveralls. North American Rockwell became Rockwell International only in
  1973 when they acquired Collins Radio.
* Factual errors: The Saturn V rocket is shown being rolled out to the
  launch pad only two days before launch, and dialogue confirms that this is
  the rocket for Apollo 13 and not 14. In fact Saturn V rockets were
  typically moved to the pad several months before the launch date.
* Factual errors: The paint pattern on the Saturn V shows the test
  configuration, not the launch configuration. Factual errors: The illness
* that Charles Duke came down with, and Ken
  Mattingly was feared to be getting, was German measles (rubella), not
  measles (rubeola) as stated several times in the film. Despite the
  similarity of names, these are different diseases and immunity to them is
  separate.
* Anachronisms: The Izod Lacoste polo shirt that Lovell is wearing when
  talking about Swigert replacing Mattingly did not exist in 1970.
* Factual errors: It was not possible to see the Saturn V while inside the
  launch tower elevator, as the elevator had no windows and faced the wrong
  way.
* Factual errors: The NASA VIP passes for the Apollo 13 launch were actually
  pinkish orange in color and had a portrait (vertical) orientation, not
  white and oriented the other way.
* Factual errors: The launch tower was on the north side of the Saturn V. If
  Mattingly was watching from east of the pad near the beach, then he would
  see it on the right.
* Factual errors: In the launch sequence, we see a countdown that ends with
  ignition of the first stage engines; we see the Saturn V take off about 20
  seconds later, and as Lovell points out, the clock starts counting forward
  then. In fact ignition and takeoff would be only a few seconds apart, with
  the countdown reaching zero at the nominal time of takeoff, not at
  ignition; the clock would then immediately begin counting upward.
* Factual errors: The gantry arms should be released in unison. Revealing
* mistakes: The downward view toward the rocket rising
  from the pad shows cars in the parking lots. During an actual launch, the
  pad was completely evacuated and the lots would have been empty.
* Continuity: Houston confirms that the BPC (Boost Protective Cover) is
  cleared before it is jettisoned by Lovell. Factual errors: The
* slam-bang impact at the end of the first stage burn
  was completely unexpected, not routine as portrayed. Small retrorockets
  atop the first stage should have fired immediately after separation to
  slow the spent stage down. Instead they fired one second before
  separation.
* Factual errors: Thrusters make no sound when observed from outside the
  capsule in space. Factual errors: Rockets burning hydrogen/oxygen
* (Saturn V second and third
  stages), or the hypergolic fuels used on all Service Module and Lunar
  Module engines and thrusters, have essentially invisible plumes in a
  vacuum, not the bright white plumes depicted.
* Factual errors: Trans-Lunar Injection (TLI) burns were made parallel to
  the earth's surface, on the far side of the earth from the moon, not while
  pointed directly at the moon as shown.
* Anachronisms: In April 1970, Lovell's daughter can be seen holding the
  Beatles' "Let it Be" album, which wasn't released until May 1970.
* Factual errors: Lovell's cassette player did actually play the 2001: A
  Space Odyssey (1968) theme "Also Sprach Zarathustra", not "Spirit in the
  Sky".
* Factual errors: When the TV broadcast from the spacecraft on April 13 is
  cancelled, Blanch Lovell waves her copy of TV Guide magazine and complains
  "It's that damn TV Guide again". TV Guide actually listed normal
  programming for that day, though with a warning that it might be
  preempted.
* Continuity: Just after the explosion, when Lovell is saying "we've got
  multiple caution and warnings, Houston", the MET clock (Mission Elapsed
  Time in hours, minutes, and seconds) is plainly visible reading 091:34:10.
  When next seen less than a minute later, it has backed up to 056:55:12.
* Factual errors: Both times are wrong; the accident occurred at about
  055:55:00 MET. Anachronisms: Ken Mattingly is shown drinking
* Budweiser from 16-ounce
  aluminium cans, which weren't available in 1970. Continuity:
* Jules Bergman of ABC News mentions that the Lunar Module's
  descent engine will be used to abort the mission, before Kranz makes this
  decision.
* Factual errors: The astronauts are shown looking at Mare Tranquilitatis,
  then crossing from sunlight into shadow, followed by loss of signal, all
  within seconds. In fact at loss of signal they had been in the moon's
  shadow for some time and were nowhere near Mare Tranquilitatis.
* Factual errors: The spacecraft then returns to sunlight before acquisition
  of signal, implying that more than half of the moon's surface is in
  sunlight.
* Factual errors: While passing over Tsiolkovsky crater on the moon's far
  side, the astronauts also speak of sighting Fra Mauro and Mare Imbrium,
  both nearly halfway around the moon.
* Factual errors: Just after acquisition of signal, Houston tells the
  astronauts that their speed is "approximately 7,062 feet per second" and
  their altitude above the moon is 56 nautical miles.  That speed is 500
  ft/s below lunar escape velocity at that altitude, hence impossible on a
  free return trajectory. In fact, any free return trajectory symmetrical
  about the moon-earth line would put them at over 100 nautical miles
  altitude at acquisition of signal.
* Factual errors: A TV scene at Mission Control shows Houston Astros player
  Jimmy Wynn hitting a home run on April 13, 1970. The Astros were shut out
  by the Los Angeles Dodgers 2-0 that day.
* Anachronisms: "Mr. Coffee"-type drip pots weren't in use at the time.
  Continuity: An ashtray used by Gene Kranz disappears. Factual
* errors: Mission Control members often communicate without
  pressing their headset push-to-talk switches. Anachronisms: The television
* that Blanch Lovell watches the final
  splashdown on is a Sharp model that was not made until the late 1980s.
* Factual errors: In the last shot of the spacecraft before reentry begins,
  it seems to be entering the atmosphere much too steeply.  As explained in
  the film, its angle should be only about 6 degrees below horizontal.
* Factual errors: The explosion was not caused by a "damaged coil" as stated
  in the closing voiceover. The actual cause went back 5 years to when the
  designers decided to use 65 V power instead of 28 V on the spacecraft:
  they neglected to specify upgraded components inside the oxygen tank. (As
  it turned out, everything stood up to normal usage, hiding the error.
  Before Apollo 13, though, there was a problem draining that particular
  tank and its heater was used for hours to dry it out. A thermostat should
  have prevented overheating, but apparently arced and shorted out instead;
  the overheat was intense enough to cause the insulation on the wiring to
  fail, but was not noticed. The affected wires must have touched later on,
  so that arcing started a fire inside the oxygen tank, hence the
  explosion.)

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: When Lovell holds his thumb in front of the
  moon, his face is lit mainly by nearby lights and not the moon. Hence his
  finger's shadow does not fall on his eye.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: The film contains an explicit notice that
  "certain characters and events have been fictionalized for dramatic
  purposes", so these changes are not goofs. For instance, the Lovells did
  not host a party during the Apollo 11 landing; Ken Mattingly was already
  at Mission Control when the Apollo 13 accident happened, and was not
  really the person who devised the power-up procedure.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: Various other minute contradictions of
  history. This film is prey to a large number of factual errors due to the
  large volume of documentary footage/evidence from the actual event.
               ___________________________________

Contact (1997/I)

* Factual errors: The pullback in the opening sequence into the northern
  celestial hemisphere passes Alpha Centauri A and B -- which are well into
  the southern hemisphere.
* Continuity: The ages of the radio broadcasts heard during the pullback do
  not match the light travel times from earth. The maximum one-way light
  travel time from earth to Saturn is only about an hour and a half. The
  nearest star, Alpha Centauri, is about 4.3 years away.
* Factual errors: Jupiter's red spot is well into the southern hemisphere.
  Factual errors: At Arecibo, Ellie monitors 1221.5 MHz. This is
* in the GPS
  L2 frequency band (1227.6 +/- 10.23 MHz), rendering it unusable for SETI
  because of the interference.
* Factual errors: SETI employees don't use hand-held radios as they
  interfere with the signals they are listening for. Continuity: In the VLA
* control room when the message is first received,
  the Tektronix 420 oscilloscope is in the "Trigger - Edge Source" mode when
  Ellie decreases the vertical scale. When the message momentarily stops,
  she glances back at the same scope and it is in the "Display - Style"
  mode.
* Factual errors: It is impossible for Dr. Arroway to have graduated from
  MIT Magna Cum Laude, as MIT gives no such distinctions. Continuity:
* Ellie tells Palmer that her father died when she was aged
  nine. Later when Hadden is impressing Ellie with his information about
  her, he gives her birth date as August 25th, 1964, and the date of her
  father's death as November 10th, 1974: more than ten years later.
* Continuity: When the machine is started for the first run, the main rings
  have clearly started to move, yet a subsequent long shot shows them
  stationary.
* Continuity: The position of Ellie's headset microphone when she first gets
  into the sphere. Plot holes: Michael Kitz insinuates that SETI
* was originally the victim of
  a hoax perpetrated by Hadden (whom he claimed beamed the message from a
  single satellite in orbit around Earth) but then deliberately continued to
  defraud the public once they knew the "truth". Ellie immediately concedes
  this critical point, even though she was shown verifying that the signal
  had not come from a satellite. Further, any conspiracy covering up the
  origin of the signal would have to involve every amateur radio astronomer
  in the world with moderately powerful detection equipment. (The novel had
  a different scenario: the exact instant that The Machine was turned on,
  the signal stopped being detected at every point in the world, with no
  speed-of-light delays, thus seemingly could not be extraterrestrial.)

                    ___________________________________

Titanic (1997)

* Crew or equipment visible: Reflected in Rose's TV. Revealing mistakes: A
* strip of desert is visible between the dock
  and the Titanic when docked at Southampton. Factual errors: Jack is shown
* having to rush to make sure he caught the
  Titanic before it sailed. Many other steerage passengers board along side
  him. In fact, all steerage passengers were aboard well before the ship
  sailed; first class passengers did not begin boarding until all the
  steerage passengers were aboard.
* Factual errors: The Titanic's middle propeller was not used for
  manoeuvring in port, and hence would have been stationary when starting
  away from the dock.
* Factual errors: The reciprocating engines were controlled from a platform
  between the two engines about midway between the floor and the top of the
  cylinders, not from the engine room floor. Even if the engines were
  controlled from the floor level the controls would have been at the
  opposite end of the engines since we are looking at the aft end of the
  engines, and the boiler rooms are forward of the reciprocating engine
  room. Also, it would have been quite impossible to see those engines from
  the vantage point we are given since the watertight bulkhead between the
  reciprocating engine room and turbine engine room would prevent us from
  being able to stand back far enough.
* Continuity: When Captain Smith orders, "Take her to sea, Mr.  Murdoch --
  let's stretch her legs", they are standing to the right of the wheelhouse
  looking forward with the sun coming from their left. When Murdoch walks
  into the wheelhouse to carry out the order, the sun is behind him.
* Factual errors: Rose's paintings include Picasso's "Les Demoiselles
  d'Avignon", one of the ballerinas series by Degas, and "Water Lilies" by
  Claude Monet, none of which were ever on the Titanic.
* Continuity: The draft markings on the Titanic's bow when Jack looks at the
  dolphins later change size and position. Factual errors: The
* real Titanic had a navigation light on the stern that
  is missing in the film. Anachronisms: Jack claims to have gone
* ice fishing on Lake Wissota, which
  wasn't created until five years after the Titanic sank.
* Anachronisms: The pipe frames supporting the third class berths have
  set-screw speed rail fittings, not developed until 1946. Factual
* errors: In overhead shots of the forecastle deck, the skylight for
  the crew's galley can be seen located to starboard.  This skylight was
  actually on the port side.
* Factual errors: Margaret Brown was never refered to as "Molly" until after
  her death. Continuity: In the scene where Jack is teaching
* Rose to spit, there is no
  spit on his chin as he starts to turn around to face the ladies, but by
  the time he has completed his turn he has some on his chin.
* Factual errors: The painting over the fireplace in the Titanic's first
  class smoking lounge in the film depicts New York Harbor, which was
  actually the painting on the Titanic's sister ship, "Olympic". The
  painter, Norman Wilkinson, had provided a scene of Plymouth Harbor for
  Titanic, but no pictures of this work survive.
* Anachronisms: A closeup of Captain Smith reveals that he is wearing
  contact lenses. Factual errors: The main characters have lunch in
* the Palm Court/Verandah
  on A Deck. These were not used for dining, although passengers could order
  tea or a small snack.
* Factual errors: Cal orders lamb with mint sauce for himself and Rose. Lamb
  was only available for dinner on the ship, while mutton was reserved for
  lunch. The lamb was prepared in the D-Deck galley and would not have been
  served in the Palm Court.
* Revealing mistakes: While Jack and Rose are walking on the promenade the
  day after he rescues her, a small hill with a building on it is visible
  over Jack's shoulder and above the ship.
* Anachronisms: The button on the left side of Jack's borrowed jacket is a
  "Kingsdrew" button, first made in 1922. Continuity: Jack takes
* Rose and Molly's arms to go into dinner.  They
  start walking, but in the next shot they are still standing apart.
* Crew or equipment visible: Reflected in the glass door opened for Jack as
  he enters the dining room. Factual errors: The worship services
* held at 10:30 on Sunday April 14th,
  1912, in the First Class Dining Room were open to all passengers of the
  ship.
* Anachronisms: "Almighty Father Strong To Save" is sung during the worship
  service; the two verses used in the film were written by Robert Nelson
  Spencer in 1937.
* Factual errors: During the scene when Rose "flies" from the ship's bow,
  the sunlight is clearly falling almost exactly straight across the ship
  from left to right. On the evening of April 14, the ship had in fact
  turned to almost a due west course, placing the actual setting sun almost
  straight ahead and slightly to the right.
* Revealing mistakes: In the same shot, the faces of Jack and Rose are lit
  from a different angle, though still from the left. Continuity:
* The length of Rose's fingernails throughout the movie. Factual errors: The
* hands sketching Rose are clearly too old to
  belong to Jack. (They actually belong to director James Cameron.) Factual
* errors: Workers in the Titanic's engine room had to wear thick
  protective clothing to shield them from the heat generated by the engines.
* Anachronisms: The gauges in the engine room are fitted with sweated tubing
  fittings, a plumbing technique not available when the ship was
  constructed. The fittings should have been threaded brass.
* Factual errors: There was no door between boiler room 6 and the cargo area
  (and no access to any but authorized crew). If there had been a door, it
  would have entered the third cargo area aft, not the one where the Renault
  was stored.
* Crew or equipment visible: Reflected in a brass panel on the front of the
  Renault that Jack and Rose find in the cargo hold. Factual errors:
* When the radio operator sends out the "CQD" message, the
  pattern of dots and dashes he makes with the key is not intelligible Morse
  code.
* Factual errors: Professional radio operators hold the key with the thumb
  and two fingers, rather than tapping on it as shown. Tapping would produce
  a bad "fist" (the Morse code equivalent of a harsh voice).
* Factual errors: When Captain Smith enters the wheelhouse, the ship's
  telegraph is set to "Full Reverse" instead of "All Stop".
* Continuity: The sea water would be at or below freezing point, yet
  characters rarely display discomfort or disablement from being immersed.
* Factual errors: Jack is supposedly held prisoner in the Master-at-Arms'
  office, which is depicted as having a porthole. On the Titanic, this room
  was an interior room and hence would have no portholes.
* Continuity: That porthole is shown to be several feet below water, yet a
  later shot from inside the room shows the surface of the water visible
  inches above the porthole.
* Continuity: The broken glass that the axe sits behind. Factual errors: By
* the time the last boats, such as the one with
  J. Bruce Ismay in it, were lowered, all of the distress rockets had
  already been fired. In fact, the officer in charge of the boat with Ismay
  was the same man who had fired them, Quartermaster Rowe.
* Factual errors: The crew of lifeboat #14 didn't have flashlights to use
  when looking for survivors in the water. Cameron knew this when making the
  film, but used the flashlights to provide lighting.
* Factual errors: It is impossible for voices to echo in the middle of the
  North Atlantic unless there is a large, flat object like a ship nearby.
* Errors in geography: We are shown a shot of Rose's view of the Statue of
  Liberty from a ship, yet to obtain a view as indicated she would have to
  be on land.

* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: Some artifacts recovered from the
  wreck of the Titanic included a number made of paper, which were
  saved by being in leather bags or such; it is therefore possible
  for Jack's sketch of Rose to have survived as shown.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: The tugs that assisted the Titanic
  away from the Southampton dock did belong to the company known
  today as the Red Funnel Line, but they had not yet adopted that
  nickname or colour scheme. As shown in the film, the actual tugs
  had beige funnels.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: Although the Titanic's fourth
  smokestack was not an exhaust avenue for the ship's engines, it
  was used as an outlet for the Titanic's massive kitchen. Since the
  Titanic used coal stoves, some smoke would have been coming out of
  the fourth smokestack. In one of the flyovers of the ship, it is
  possible to see that most of the top of the fourth smokestack is
  sealed.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: It is often claimed that there is a
  tattoo visible on Rose's arm in the scene where looks to be
  committing suicide. It is actually a moon-shaped black dot - some
  embellishment that has come loose from her robe, clearly visible
  in closer shots.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: Although her fingers partially
  obscure it, the coin that Rose gives to Jack is generally agreed
  to be a Barber dime, minted 1892-1916. The Barber dime is
  distinctive because the portrait of Liberty on the head of the
  coin faces the right, not the left.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: After the iceberg is spotted, First
  Officer Murdoch bellows a helm order: "Hard-a-starboard!" But
  Quartermaster Hichens, manning the wheel, turns the wheel
  counter-clockwise, or to port. At first glance this would seem to
  be a mistake. The order itself, "Hard-a-starboard," was a holdover
  from earlier days when the tiller of a ship would be used to
  control the rudder. Pushing the tiller to the right (starboard)
  would cause the ship to turn to the left (port). So a turn to port
  was ordered by calling "hard-a-starboard." Sources differ on which
  way the wheel had to be turned to actually carry out this order.
  Director James Cameron is on the record as being aware of the
  possible confusion that turning the wheel in the "wrong" direction
  might create, but decided to include it to be as accurate as
  possible.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: The "middle finger" gesture was
  used as early as the late 19th century.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: Young Rose's eyes appear green in
  some scenes due to colored lighting from flares, etc.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: The gun that Cal uses to go after
  Rose and Jack was a Colt M1911, .45 ACP created in 1910. The gun
  holds 7 bullets in the clip with an eighth in the chamber. Cal
  does not pull back the slide (which would have ejected a bullet)
  before shooting and fires exactly eight shots.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: There is much disagreement over the
  last song played by the band before the ship sank. Wallace
  Hartley's family firmly believe that it was "Nearer, My God, to
  Thee" as shown in the film, and indeed had this inscription placed
  on his tombstone, as do the majority of witnesses. According to
  Junior Wireless Operator Harold Bride, the band played "Autumn";
  recent conjecture is that he actually meant "Songe d'Automne",
  which has some similar sections. The hymn itself has been set to
  at least three melodies in the nineteenth century, of which the
  American Lowell Mason's 1856 melody, heard in this film, is only
  one. Night to Remember, A (1958), uses John B. Dykes' melody from
  the English Hymnal.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: There are two independent reports
  that an officer shot one or more passengers, gave a "military"
  salute, and then committed suicide. It is not known for sure if
  this was First Officer Murdoch or not.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: It is often presumed that it is
  impossible for people floating in unfrozen water to have ice form
  in their hair. This is not the case. On the Titanic on April 14th,
  1912, the air temperature dropped over ten degrees Farenheit (5.6
  C) between 7 pm and 10 pm. Even assuming that the average
  temperature decrease slowed by half during the next four hours
  (when the victims were in the water), the temperature of the air
  would be below 25 F (-4 C). This is not unreasonable, as there
  were no clouds to keep ambient temperature up. By convection, the
  temperature of the air immediately above the surface of the water
  would certainly approach this temperature. Freezing point
  depression of a fluid depends only on the amount of material in
  the fluid. Average sea water has less than 2 moles of ions per
  kilogram of water. This means that isolated sea water freezes at
  temperatures between 28 and 25 F (-2 to -4 C). Assuming that the
  victims in the water hair wet and as long as the air temperature
  was below 25-28 F, then it is quite reasonable for their hair to
  freeze.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: The lifeboats for RMS Titanic were
  in fact labeled "SS Titanic". This is verified by a photograph
  which appears on page 718 of National Geographic Magazine Vol. 168
  no. 6 (December 1985).
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: The credits explain that some
  dramatic license has been taken; this is apparent with several
  minor characters. For example, Benjamin Guggenheim's mistress,
  Madame Aubert, never dined in the First-Class Dining Saloon; she
  took all of her meals in the a la Carte restaurant on B Deck.
* Incorrectly regarded as goofs: Various other minute contradictions
  of history. This film is prey to a large number of factual errors
  due to the large volume of documentary evidence from the actual
  event.
              ___________________________________

Deep Impact (1998)

* Continuity: The comets are supposedly heading towards earth straight from
  the sun, yet are visible in the night sky. Factual errors:
* Characters are shown to be watching CNBC (a cable-only
  channel) on a TV with an aerial on the back of a truck in the middle of
  nowhere.
* Factual errors: The activity on the surface of the comet raises almost
  instantaneously at local sunrise. This activity should increase gradually.
* Factual errors: An impact of this size should also generate an atmospheric
  presure wave which would throw people off their feet and even destroy
  buildings.
* Factual errors: The destruction of the larger nucleus a few hours before
  impact would not be possible with 4 bombs of 5 MegaTons each. Even if it
  were, many of the pieces of the comet would likely crash into the earth
  nevertheless.

                    ___________________________________

 Armageddon (1998)

* Anachronisms: The opening scenes show a meteor impacting the Earth 65
  million years ago, yet the Earth's modern geography is shown.  In
  particular, Florida would have been under water at the time.
* Factual errors: Meteors striking the space shuttle while it is in orbit
  are already luminous as though they had been passing though the earth's
  atmosphere. Also, if they were luminous, at many thousands of miles per
  hour they would appear as a streak of light without any sense of actual
  motion.
* Continuity: Shots in the shuttle launch sequence alternate between
  closeups of the X-71 (metallic, with boosters over the wings) and
  panoramic shots of a regular shuttle (white, with no boosters over the
  wings).
* Errors in geography: Kennedy Space Center has two shuttle launch pads, but
  they are not as close together as apparently depicted in the film.
* Continuity: When preparing for launch, the two shuttle crews board from
  the same gantry tower, but later shots it is obvious that there are two
  separate gantries.
* Factual errors: During the launch sequence, terms associated with a
  regular shuttle launch like "roll maneuver", "Max Q", "go for throttle
  up", "press to MECO", and "SRB separation" were used, but often out of
  sequence, context, or with the effect of them (specifically, the roll
  maneuver) exaggerated.
* Continuity: The Russian Space Station simulates gravity when it is
  rotated. The direction that this force applies to people and objects
  within the station and the two attached Shuttles is inconsistent with the
  geometry of the station.
* Factual errors: The slingshot burn behind the moon is described as 11
  gees, then later (perhaps in an improved flight plan) as 9.5 gees for 11
  minutes. That would produce almost 150,000 mph of velocity change -- way
  too much.
* Factual errors: During the burn behind the moon, the shuttle should be
  pointing more or less toward the moon, not parallel to its surface.
* Continuity: Falling objects near the surface of the asteroid fall as if
  affected by gravity as strong as the Earth's. Continuity: On an
* asteroid that has little atmosphere, dust can't billow
  and fires can't burn. Factual errors: The canyon on the asteroid
* shows clear signs of erosion by
  liquid such as water, which would be impossible in the environment
  depicted.
* Continuity: The terrain on the far side of the canyon changes from smooth
  to jagged during the jump. Revealing mistakes: Grass is clearly
* visible at the edge of the cliff when
  the Armadillo comes to a rest after jumping the canyon.
* Continuity: The asteroid is supposedly rotating in all three dimentions,
  yet the view of the Earth from the asteroid remains the same.
* Continuity: People in numerous locations all over the globe are shown
  reacting to various events simultaneously - all in daylight.

  Quien quiera más que se pase por IMDB.com, busque una peli y haga clic en
"goofs".

  Pos eso.

Víctor R. Ruiz                rvr en idecnet.com
    Agrupación Astronómica de Gran Canaria
   Sociedad de Meteoros y Cometas de España
 Asociación de Variabilistas de España - AVE
AA Gran Canaria      http://aagc.dis.ulpgc.es
info.astro  http://www.astrored.org/infoastro