[escepticos] [Fwd: Telepathy and the Discrete Individual]

Como podéis ver, nos invaden por todos los lados. Ahí va un forward de
la lista "arch-theory" que, como su nombre indica, se dedica a la teoría
arqueológica (invadida por posmos, of course).

¿Alguna indicación sobre la revista o los autores que citan?

Saludos,

JM

--- Begin Message ---
Elliot  Richmond  wrote :

> In the midst of an erudite conversation (which I have not been following
> closely) I find the following comment
>
> "telepathy  is _a  scientifically proven  fact_"

I  made  that  statement. Martin  Byers  contributed  the  erudition.

> I am not sure (and don't much care) which of the conversants made the
> statement.  However it is utter nonsense.  There is no scientific basis for
> claims of telepathy of any other "paranormal" phenomena.  The literature on
> this subject is vast, but you may want to begin with books on the subject
> by The Amazing Randi, a magician who has devoted much of his career to
> debunking claims of telepathy and other "paranormal" phenomena.

I  have  to  say  that  your  statement , " There is no scientific basis for
 claims of telepathy.." is  utter  nonsense. For a PhD candidate in  science
education, you  do  not  seem  to   be  very  well  informed.

Indeed, the  literature  is  vast. I  prefer  to  base  my  evaluation  upon
the  work and the  hard  evidence  provided  by  serious reputable  scientists,
rather than  magicians. ( and yes, I am  familiar with  Amazing Randi.)

If  you  know  of  any  serious  criticism  of  the  experiments  by J. Grinberg-Zylberbaum
at the National University of Mexico, perhaps  you  will  let  me  know.
The  research  was  published  in  'Physics  Essays'.

Or  perhaps  I  must  just  accept  your  bigoted  declaration  that
 " There is no scientific basis for claims of telepathy.." and  accept
that  these  guys  aren't  scientists  and  don't  know  what  they're  talking  about ?

 ( " Physics Essays has been established as an international journal dedicated
  to theoretical and experimental aspects of fundamental problems in Physics
  and, generally, to the advancement of basic knowledge of Physics. The
  Journal?s mandate is to publish rigorous and methodological examinations of
  past, current, and advanced concepts, methods and results in physics
  research. Physics Essays dedicates itself to the publication of stimulating
  exploratory, and original papers in a variety of physics disciplines, such
  as spectroscopy, quantum mechanics, particle physics, electromagnetic
  theory, astrophysics, space physics, mathematical methods in physics,
  plasma physics, philosophical aspects of physics, chemical physics, and
  relativity.
  The Journal will endeavour to reflect the environment in which best
  research is carried out by providing a stimulating publication outlet for
  both the expression of ideas and reporting of results, within the rigour of
  the scientific discipline with which the Journal is concerned, namely
  Physics. As a dynamic new journal, Physics Essays combines rigorous
  scientific reporting with freedom to express ideas based on logically sound
  and well balanced points of view.
  Physics Essays, an international, peer-reviewed journal of impeccable
  quality, supported and advised by a renowned Editorial Board, has been
  established as the sole journal to act as the voice of the international
  physics community in a truly interdisciplinary fashion. " )

Chris.

--- End Message ---