Re: [escepticos] [Fwd: Telepathy and the Discrete Individual]

"Jose M. Bello Dieguez" wrote:

> Como podéis ver, nos invaden por todos los lados. Ahí va un forward de
> la lista "arch-theory" que, como su nombre indica, se dedica a la teoría
> arqueológica (invadida por posmos, of course).
>
> ¿Alguna indicación sobre la revista o los autores que citan?
>
> Saludos,
>
> JM

El autor existe, como tambien la revista. Adjunto los resultados de una
busqueda en la base bibliografica Medline. Solo hay dos articulos con
abstract, y solo uno de ellos sugiere algo parecido a una telepatia,
algo llamado "teoria sintergica". No se exactamente en que consiste,
pero el hecho de que uno de los autores reniegue de las interpretaciones
del otro me da muy mala espina.

Por otra parte, encuentro una monografia sobre la "teoria syntergica",
del autor (Jacobo) solo, en la publicacion: Frontier Perspectives, 4(1)
1994. Se trata de una especie de publicacion magufa que no conocia, pero
que a juzgar por los otros titulos no tiene desperdicio. La resenya esta
en la direccion:

http://www.temple.edu/CFS/Fpindex1.htm

La rationale de la revista suena bien, pero me temo que debe ser un nido
de magufos:

"The history of science shows repeatedly that many important scientific
discoveries were disregarded in their time. Thus, scientists who dared
to work at the edge of science faced extraordinary obstacles; the
present is no exception. With this in mind, Temple University
established the Center for Frontier Sciences in 1987 to coordinate
global information exchange, networking, and education on frontier
issues in science, medicine, and technology. The Center helps foster
greater openness to scientific study of areas such as
bioelectromagnetics, the mind-matter interrelationship, alternative and
complementary medicine, unresolved issues in quantum physics, and new
energy technology. Emphasis is given to interdisciplinary research,
crossing traditional boundaries between seemingly separate fields of
science. As an integral part of a major university, the Center maintains
high academic standards in reviewing new scientific claims, and new
questions are raised to help facilitate research."
Title: PubMed medline query
Entrez medline Query

7 citations found

Other Formats: [Citation Format] [MEDLINE Format]
Links: [105 medline neighbors]

Order this document

Int J Neurosci 1987 Sep;36(1-2):41-53

Patterns of interhemispheric correlation during human communication.

Grinberg-Zylberbaum J, Ramos J

Facultad de Psicologia. Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico City.

Correlation patterns between the electroencephalographic activity of both hemispheres in adult subjects were obtained. The morphology of these patterns for one subject was compared with another subject's patterns during control situations without communication, and during sessions in which direct communication was stimulated. Neither verbalization nor visual or physical contact are necessary for direct communication to occur. The interhemispheric correlation patterns for each subject were observed to become similar during the communication sessions as compared to the control situations. These effects are not due to nonspecific factors such as habituation or fatigue. The results support the syntergic theory proposed by one of the authors (Grinberg-Zylberbaum).

PMID: 3654091, UI: 88006593

Other Formats: [Citation Format] [MEDLINE Format]
Links: [203 medline neighbors]

Order this document

Physiol Behav 1981 Oct;27(4):749-51

Evoked potentials and concept formation in man.

Grinberg-Zylberbaum J, John ER

PMID: 7323180, UI: 82106298

Other Formats: [Citation Format] [MEDLINE Format]
Links: [101 medline neighbors]

Order this document

J Theor Biol 1976 Jan;56(1):95-110

The retrieval of learned information--a neurophysiological convergence-divergence theory.

Grinberg-Zylberbaum J

PMID: 177824, UI: 76172944

Other Formats: [Citation Format] [MEDLINE Format]
Links: [107 medline neighbors]

Order this document

Physiol Behav 1975 Jan;14(1):7-11

Caudate nucleus lesion selectively increases paradoxical sleep episodes in the rat.

Corsi-Cabrera M, Grinberg-Zylberbaum J, Arditti LS

The EMG, ECG and the behavioral activity of seven rats were recorded for three days previous to and 24 hours after lesioning both caudate-putamen complexes. Following the lesion, the paradoxical sleep stage lengthened by about 248%, without noticeable changes in the slow wave sleep or in the waking stages. The greatest increase was obtained with lesions placed in the mediomedial portion of the caudate-putamen complex. In other six rats submitted to the above procedure except that the lesions were placed in the anterior cerebral cortex, and also in five more rats implanted in both caudate-putamen complexes but not lesioned, no change was noted in the waking, paradoxical sleep or slow wave sleep stages.

PMID: 168600, UI: 75218109

Other Formats: [Citation Format] [MEDLINE Format]
Links: [201 medline neighbors]

Order this document

Physiol Behav 1974 Jun;12(6):913-8

Caudate nucleus stimulation impairs the processes of perceptual integration.

Grinberg-Zylberbaum J, Carranza MB, Cepeda GV, Vale TC, Steinberg NN

PMID: 4832454, UI: 74176985

Other Formats: [Citation Format] [MEDLINE Format]
Links: [200 medline neighbors]

Order this document

Physiol Behav 1973 Jun;10(6):1005-9

Correlation of evoked potentials in the caudate nucleus and conditioned motor responses.

Grinberg-Zylberbaum J, Prado-Alcala R, Brust-Carmona H

PMID: 4717637, UI: 73215863

Other Formats: [Citation Format] [MEDLINE Format]
Links: [126 medline neighbors]

Order this document

Physiol Behav 1973 Jan;10(1):59-64

Suppression of motor conditioning by the injection of 3 M KCl in the caudate nuclei of cats.

Prado-Alcala RA, Grinberg-Zylberbaum J, Alvarez-Leefmans J, Brust-Carmona H

PMID: 4697020, UI: 73155643

the above reports in Macintosh PC UNIX Text HTML format
documents on this page through Loansome Doc