Re: [escepticos] ayuda! y concurso sin premio!

On  8 Sep 97 at 20:47, Planetario wrote:

> PD. En este tipo de tonterias que siempre escribe alguien, me
> han pasado una buenisima, que os propongo como concursillo (el
> ganador, lo siento, no podra llevarse un Cohibas). Como ya
> comenzo hace unos meses con la frase del mes de Yamato, os
> pregunto (y es muuuuy facil) quien realizo en 1981 estas
> declaraciones: "Cualquier aplicacion que necesite mas de 600
> Kb de RAM no vale la pena. Con esa memoria, tenemos mas que
> suficiente". (cito de memoria, pero es mas o menos asi...)

La lista de predicciones, más abajo, y la frase es de Bill
Gates.

Saludos, Jaime

FAMOUS PREDICTIONS .... BY EXPERTS

   "Everything that can be invented has been invented."
         --Charles H. Duell, Office of Patents, 1899

   "There will never be a bigger plane built."
         --A Boeing engineer, after the first flight of the 247,
         a twin engine plane that carried ten people.

   "Ours has been the first, and doubtless to be the last, to
   visit
    this profitless locality." -- Lt. Joseph Ives after visiting
                              the Grand Canyon in 1861.

   "There is not the slightest indication that nuclear energy
   will
    ever be obtainable.  It would mean that the atom would have
    to be shattered at will."    -- Albert Einstein, 1932

   "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way
   out."
         --Decca executive, 1962, after turning down the
         Beatles.

   "It will be years--not in my time--before a woman will become
   Prime
    Minister." --Margaret Thatcher, 1974

   "With over 50 foreign cars already on sale here, the Japanese
   auto industry isn't likely to carve out a big slice of the US
   market."
         --Business Week, August 2, 1968

   "Computers may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
        --Popular Mechanics, 1949

   "There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their
   home."
        --Ken Olson, president of Digital Equipment Corp. 1977

   "This telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously
   considered
    as a means of communication." --Western Union memo, 1876

   "No imaginable commercial value.  Who would pay for a message
   sent
    to nobody in particular?" --David Sarnoff's associates in
    response
                  to his urging  investment in the radio in the
                  1920's.

   "Who wants to hear actors talk?" --H.M. Warner, Warner
   Brothers,
1927.

   "I'm just glad it'll be Clark Gable who's falling on his face
   and
    not Gary Cooper."     --Gary Cooper, after turning down
                         the lead role in Gone With The Wind.

   "Market research reports say America likes crispy cookies,
   not
    soft and chewy cookies like you make."
      --Response to Debbi Fields' idea of Mrs. Fields' Cookies

   "We don't need you.  You haven't got through college yet."
      --Hewlett Packard excuse to Steve Jobs, who founded
        Apple Computers instead.

   "I think there's a world market for about five computers."
      --Thomas J. Watson, chairman of the board of IBM.

   "The bomb will never go off.  I speak as an expert in
   explosives."
     --Admiral William Leahy, U.S. Atomic Bomb Project.

   "Airplanes are interesting toys, but they are of no military
   value
    whatsoever." --Marechal Ferdinand Fock, Professor of
    Strategy,
                 Ecole Superieure de Guerre

   "Stocks have reached a permanently high plateau."
     --Irving Fisher, Professor of Economics, Yale University,
     1929

   "No matter what happens, the U.S. Navy is not going to be
   caught
    napping." --U.S. Secretary of Navy, December 4, 1941

   "While theoretically and technically television may be
   feasible,
    commercially and financially it is an impossibility."
       --Lee DeForest, inventor

   "Radio has no future.  Heavier-than-air flying machines are
   impossible.  X-rays will prove to be a hoax."
       --William Thomson, Lord Kelvin English scientist, 1899 --