Re: [escepticos] Libro

"J. Manuel Durán" wrote:

> Para que luego digan que los magufos pierden el tiempo...
>
> Entré en la libreria y lo cogí. Tenía buena pinta. No era esoterico, ni
> ufologico ni siquiera paranormal, pero parecía atractivo.
> FANTASMAS EN EL CEREBRO "Los misterios de ls mente al descubierto", por V.S.
> Ramachandran y Sandra Blakeslee (Debate pensamiento)..

Parece que tienes buen gusto, Jose :-)))  Mira esto:

Synopsis
In the tradition of the works of Oliver Sacks, this fascinating journey into
the deep architecture of the mind introduces readers to a range of patients
suffering from strange neurological afflictions, explains how Dr.
Ramachandran's evaluations reveal what actually occurs in the brain, and
explores what these findings reveal about dreams, laughter, memory, depression,
body image, and language.
Photos & illustrations.

In Phantoms in the Brain, Dr. Ramachandran recounts how his work with patients
who have bizarre neurological disorders has shed new light on the deep
architecture of the brain, and what these findings tell us about who we are;
how we construct our body image; why we laugh or become depressed; why we may
believe in God; how we make decisions, deceive ourselves and dream; perhaps
even why we're so clever at philosophy, music and art.

About the Authors
V. S. Ramachandran, M.D., Ph.D., is professor and director of the Center for
Brain and Cognition, University of California, San Diego, and is adjunct
professor at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies, La Jolla, California.
One of the world's foremost brain researchers, he has received many scientific
honors, including a gold medal from the Australian National University and a
fellowship at All Souls College, Oxford. He gave the "Decade of the Brain"
lecture at the Silver Jubilee meeting of the Society for Neuroscience, and his
work has been featured in major media. He lives with his family in Del Mar,
California.

Sandra Blakeslee is an award-winning science writer for The New York Times. For
the last ten years, her reporting specialty has been neuroscience. She is the
coauthor, with Judith Wallerstein, Ph.D., of two books: the national bestseller
Second Chances and The Good Marriage. She lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico.

>From Dr. Francis Crick
"This is a splendid book. Ramachandran shows all too clearly how little we
really know about ourselves. The patients he describes are fascinating, and his
experiments on them are both simple and ingenious. The style is lively and
informative, and enlivened by unexpected touches of humor. through it all
shines Rama's good sense, his hard-headedness and his humanity. If you are at
all interest in how your brain works, this is a book you must read."
                                    --Dr. Francis Crick Distinguished Reserach
Professor, The Salk Institute Nobel Laureate

El artículo completo en
http://cogweb.english.ucsb.edu/Abstracts/Ramachandran_98.html

En cuanto pueda me lo traigo para casa. Otra cosa es cuándo podré leerlo...
:-(((

Saludos,

JM